Dainty Rates: Snickers Peanut Butter
February 17, 2011 § 1 Comment
I’m a HUGE fan of Snickers from back in the day. Hungry? Grab a Snickers. The original power bar. Chocolate, nougat, caramel, peanuts—it’s all right there and in great proportion. And, it gives your molars and jaw something to really get workin’ on. They aren’t kidding when they say Snickers really satisfies.
So, I’m thinking a peanut butter version of Snickers, let me have it, right? This is gonna be awesome. I LOVE peanut butter.
It’s a dollar I’ll never get back.
Thumbs down, and here’s why:
- The nougat was too … too … what’s the word … whipped. More like a Musketeer than a Snickers. It didn’t have that Snickers nougat density.
- And was that nougat supposed to taste like peanut butter? Because that flavor hit me like bad cooking oil.
- Hello? Peanuts? Did you forget to jump in?
- Something had a crystalline texture to it. Was it the chocolate? The “caramel”? Whatever it was, I had a mouthful of tiny crystals. Like when you bit into some bad candy. Was that texture there on purpose? Who’d want that?
- There was no satisfying chew. My jaw was disappointed.
- It left me feeling heavy. Like I had just too much oil. Not a good feeling.
As a life-long Snickers fan, I was looking for and expecting a Snickers with peanut butter. What I found was nothing like a Snickers. Take the name off it and call it something else, folks, and save your brand.
Dainty Rates: 0 Dots
I’m with you Ellen. The peanut butter Snickers just don’t make it, tastewise nor texturewise! Have been enjoying your new Dainty Dot for several weeks now and truly love it! You have a fun way with words. Love to you and to Jenn.